- Soft. Simple. Sustainable. Alternative Apparel sells clothing with these three ideas in mind.
- Alternative’s design is rooted in sustainable and eco-friendly practices. They source the finest fabrics for softness and durability, and incorporate organic and recycled materials wherever possible.
- They use oxo-biodegradable mailer bags & have implemented a vendor recycling program. Alternative ensures fair, safe & clean workplace conditions on a global scale.?
- There are two different aspects to Alternative Apparel. They sell direct to consumer but they also sell blank apparel to businesses.?
Grow B2B leads
- Alternative Apparel came to us with a project focused on their B2B side of the business. The primary goal was to increase the total number of leads that apply for an account with their wholesale application.
Differentiate Between B2B and B2C
- We needed to make sure we were appealing to a different audience without taking away from our B2C side of Google ads.
?Increase Overall Revenue
- Not only did we want to increase leads, we wanted to focus on increasing overall revenue.?
We needed to differentiate between users who were searching for B2C versus someone who may be looking for screen printing (the B2B side).
- Within our search ads, we needed to make sure we weren’t losing branded searches looking for B2C.?
Find B2B Customers using creative outlets
- Our challenge was to find alternative routes of appealing to B2B consumers. Although search ads would help us to find the clientele searching for screen printing, etc., we needed to stand out and go above and beyond.?
Differentiating B2B from B2C with Branded Search Ads
- Normally, our recommendation would be to create B2C branded ads and expect the consumer to be able to find B2B if needed. However, with Alternative Apparel, we decided to test out creating only B2B branded ads. The basis of this decision being that our B2C consumers were able to find us organically and our B2B customers generated significantly more revenue. Therefore, we successfully implemented B2B branded ads without losing any B2C revenue.?
Using Creative To Stand Out On The Internet
- We created several display assets and video assets to go along with our B2B campaign. Not only did these help us to stand out using imagery, we made sure to target specific audiences related to wholesale and sustainable clothing. We uploaded B2B customer lists to create similar audiences as well.?
- We focused competitor keywords to reach a more qualified audience.?
- Ad extensions were utilized to build on our existing B2C audience. For example, we created a sitelink extension within our B2C ads focused on our new product line for B2B.
- Because of the long sales cycle, we made sure to include heavy remarketing tactics within search, display and video. Within search, we included all remarketing audiences under observation mode in all B2B campaigns.?
- B2B Video and Display channels introduced
- 7 new campaigns created
- As a result of our PPC efforts and the new B2B initiatives, revenue increased by 166% and ROAS increased by 64%.
- We saw a significant increase in branded traffic as a result of the display advertising through the B2B campaigns. Branded revenue increased by 111% as a result of the increase in awareness.